What is a Shopping Community?
At Little Birdie, we think the best experiences in life are shared. Whilst Social Media & SmartPhones have done a good job with family, friends, and fake life hacks, we believe that shopping has been a bit left out. We’re striving to build a community of people who love a bargain and a bit of a humblebrag. You can take an active or passive role in the community, though there will be plenty of rewards on offer for our Top Spotters (aka Deal Hunters) and highly engaged members!
Little Birdie is a community-driven site, and our members and their happiness are of key importance to us. These guidelines are here to make sure our community and its members always have a great experience when using the platform.
These rules cross all sections of our site and must be adhered to by all community members. Breaking these rules can result in suspension or banning of your account.
- Treat everyone with respect.
- Do not insult or belittle others.
- Do not personally attack other members.
- No swearing or foul language is allowed.
- Privacy of our members is key. Do not reveal or request personal information from other members.
Commenting and discussing deals with other Top Spotters is highly encouraged and a core part of the Little Birdie community. When commenting, it is important that you;
- Keep the conversation on topic.
- Focus on the deal, product, store or brand.
- Abide by the community rules.
- Add value through your comment.
Little Birdie does not allow deals that contain or fall into the following categories. Any deal posted that violates this will be removed by our moderation team. Continued abuse by a Top Spotter will result in suspension or banning.
- No Adult or Pornography related content or deals.
- No Weapons or related content or deals.
- No Drugs (excluding alcohol) content or deals.
- No Smoking (vaping excluded) related content or deals.
- No Gambling, Betting or related content and deals.
- No Auctions.
- Deals not available to the general public.
How Do I Submit A Deal?
Submitting a deal is as easy as losing a chip to a seagull at the beach. There are 3 different types of deals you can submit, which are outlined below. Simply click on the “Post” button and fill in the required information.
Price Drop: A discount on a specific product - i.e., Apple iPhone 12 - Now $1250 (Was $1599)
Voucher: A voucher that allows customers to get a discount off a product or range from a store - i.e., 15% Off All Homewares at LB Furniture With Voucher "TOLDME15"
Sale Event: A time or quantity limited sale on a range of items from a store that doesn’t require a voucher to be used. Note: Standard clearance sections would not qualify for this, though a great price on a clearance item would be perfect for a Price Drop. - i.e., $20 discount for every $100 spent at Birdie Industries this weekend!
Deal Submission Guidelines
When submitting a deal, it is important to give as much information as possible to the community. The deal submission is designed to capture most of the required information. When posting a deal, you should;
- Review all available tags and make best efforts to use the right tags.
- If the deal is limited in its availability, please ensure that it’s detailed in the description.
- Try with reasonable effort to determine if the deal has already been posted, and if it has, do not post the same deal again.
Commenting & Voting Advice
One of the most exciting parts about the Little Birdie world is the commenting and voting. It means that every deal is open to review, and members can help and be helped by thousands of other Little Birdies. As with any community or entry to a colouring-in competition, staying within the line helps. As such, we suggest following the below guidelines for commenting or voting to make Little Birdie a buzzing community of happinest.
- Don’t give out personal information. If you have had a bad experience with a brand or store, please let others know but let’s keep names, numbers, and email addresses out of it. This is a safe space for all.
- Don’t self grandiose. If you’ve got a store that sells something at a cheaper price, that is awesome - post a listing so others can find it. Feel free to downvote the deal if you think it isn’t the best deal available. This includes putting a signature at the end of your post. Don’t do it.
- No Referral Reward Links - If you’ve got a code to share as an affiliate for a brand, the comments are not the place to share that. Use them as they were intended and share them with friends and family directly.
- No Personal Abuse - We’re super excited about conversation and how different opinions bring out the best outcomes; HOWEVER, attacking the poster of a comment is absolutely outside the rules. If you have a problem with a poster, please do reach out to us so we can address it as quickly as possible.
- Follow the Moderation Guidelines - Yep, it’s an all-encompassing one, though Profanity, Discrimination, Inappropriate or Malicious links are all not allowed. Spamming comments will also be moderated accordingly.
We think these are all pretty common-sense guidelines to build a thriving and inclusive community, so if you think there are any issues, please reach out to us! Failure to comply with these guidelines will result in banning members and possible account suspension.
What To Follow?
We know that some of you will be keen as mustard to get the latest deals on hardware and snags outside hardware stores, whilst some of you will be licking your lips at the thought of great deals on makeup and cosmetics. So, to make sure you never miss a deal that is up your alley, we’ve got the “follow” feature. Choose to follow Stores, Brands and even other Top Spotters, and your experience in the Little Birdie world will be customised just for you. The more you follow, the more customised your experience becomes, and the easier it will be for you to find just what you needed and those things you didn’t even realise you needed until now.
To follow a Store, Brand or Top Spotter, simply click on the heart next to them. Do the same again to unfollow and take them out of your customisation.
How Do Stores Work on Little Birdie?
Through a combination of high powered technology and an Australian team that works harder than woodpeckers beak, we review stores online and create exclusive deals through relationships with stores. If you see your store on Little Birdie and are keen to work out an exclusive deal, read up on how that can be done here.
You can follow your favourite store to make sure you never miss a deal. You can also check the historical pricing of certain stores with certain products. Note that when you click on a “Take Me There” link from a product or store page, it will redirect you to the official store website.
Top Spotters are the flapping wings of Little Birdie, giving us the eagle-eyed scoop on the best Price Drops, Vouchers & Sales Events available. What’s best is that you can be one too! Whether you’ve seen something flutter into your inbox or you’ve uncovered a nest of great savings in a Sales Event, you can post to the Little Birdie world and let others know of your cracking find!
To submit a deal and become a Top Spotter yourself, simply follow the steps here on how to post.
If you’ve found that a few of your favourite deals on the site come from one Top Spotter, let them lead the flock and follow them. You’ll be shown their posted deals in your profile!